Tuesday, February 5, 2019
1:00 PM Eastern | 12:00 PM Central | 11:00 AM Mountain | 10:00 AM Pacific
During this webinar, our governance experts will lay the groundwork for family directors to develop their own skills while gaining an understanding of how effective boards work. Topics include:
- Characteristics and responsibilities of effective boards
- How qualified family directors add value inside and outside of the boardroom
- Critical skills and competencies for family directors to develop
- Preparing for the director role, from board meetings to stakeholder communication
- Inside the boardroom: when to engage and when to listen
- Understanding expectations and sourcing the right help and resources
This webinar is ideal for:
- Family directors who are either new to their role or established and looking for fresh ideas to further their development
- Family members considering joining the board of directors
- Board leaders seeking to build individual effectiveness to build board effectiveness
- Family owners in the beginning phase of establishing a functioning board
This free, 1.5-hour program includes time for Q&A. A recording of the webinar will be available for all registrants.
How to be Effective Inside
and Out of the Boardroom
About the Presenters
A consultant of The Family Business Consulting Group, Otis Baskin, Ph.D. brings extensive international experience to his focus on management and governance/decision-making issues in family businesses. His primary expertise is in helping business-owning families develop plans for leadership succession, development of next generation leaders, and family/ownership structures and decision processes. He serves on several boards and is the Executive Editor of The Family Business Advisor.
Stephanie Brun de Pontet, Ph.D. is a senior consultant specializing in advising family enterprises facing important transitions. She has extensive experience working with transitioning leaders, developing emerging generation teams, and educating next generation family members. In addition to her consulting work, Stephanie is a faculty member of The Chair Forum, co-author of Building a Successful Business Board and Siblings and the Family Business, and author of Transitioning from the Top.
Principal consultant Mike Fassler provides family business planning services with a focus on helping his clients grow their relationships, capabilities and capital. Mike helps families develop and implement plans and decisions for succession, governance and strategy. Most of his work is focused on family businesses owned by sibling teams and cousin teams with an emphasis on helping clients balance the tension of family and business as their families and businesses grow.